Shimla is a beautiful hill station but what is even more amazing is the train journey from Kalka to Shimla via the special toy train that runs on this route. The route it takes is just mesmerizing. Trip to Shimla is incomplete if one doesn’t travel by this train. So, we booked our tickets in advance to experience this much talked about train journey as we planned our trip to Shimla.
We went to Shimla last year during the autumn break. We traveled by bus to Kalka and from there we took the toy train to Shimla. I thought it would be like a usual train journey with some mountains and valleys in view but it actually turned out to be super thrilling and exciting. We were amid nature all through our journey. We didn’t just get the view of the mountains, valleys and the greenery around, we felt like being a part of it as the train went through the mountains giving the true feel of the nature.
It was a 5-6 hours journey and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. The route was full of tunnels and bridges that added to the experience. There were more than 100 tunnels and around 800 bridges on the route. I sat by the window all through the journey to take the outside view.  We also stepped out of the train as it stopped on a station on the way. It was a small station and the train stopped for just about ten minutes.
I was accompanied by my parents and brother. They enjoyed the trip as much as I did. We travelled by the same train on our way back too.
This was indeed the best train journey of my life. I love being amid nature. This is the reason why I enjoyed it all the more. I really wish to go on this route again.